- This event has passed.
SBDC Value Planning for the Future
October 26, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
While tax planning is a regular part of every entrepreneur’s work cycle, value planning may have a bigger long-term impact. Given that your business is likely your largest asset, wouldn’t you want to maximize its value?
If you are considering purchasing another business or selling your own, there is no crystal ball to help you determine perfect timing. However, there are ways to monitor the financial performance of your company – or the company you are looking to purchase – that can help guide your decisions. This class will help you understand how to analyze your business’ financial performance as well as some qualitative factors to consider when making decisions regarding your investment in your business.
In this session, you will:
- Explore the idea of a “buyer” – who are they? What are they looking for?
- Learn tips for building your business to sell
- Understand how to build credibility and clear financial statements
- Understand risk factors that impact value
- Understand qualities of the ideal time to sell
- Learn the basics of what to expect when selling your business – or what to look for if you are hoping to buy a business
Using this session as a launch point for longer-term planning can also help you set goals for what you need to achieve before you go into the market.