SBDC Hire Badgers: Student Staffing Opportunities for Small Business
November 14 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Did you know that the UW-Madison Work-Study Program, previously reserved for on-campus and non-profit organizations, has recently been expanded to small businesses – and even covers 75% of the wages earned? Or that many UW-Madison students pursue internship opportunities as a way to develop new skills and explore career pathways while they are studying at UW?
By providing internship and work-study opportunities for UW-Madison students, businesses can:
- Increase staff diversity
- Focus on back-burner projects
- Engage with talented, enthusiastic students
- Give back to the community through mentorship
- Hire affordable staff who can make a true contribution to the organization
- Provide management experience for current staff and career development opportunities for students
- Gain access to skillsets not currently on your staff
- Contribute to community/university relationships
- Develop a potential recruitment pipeline (with lower cost/risk)
- Have new perspectives and enthusiasm
If you’ve ever wondered about hiring a UW-Madison student, this session is for you! We’ll discuss the differences between the Work-Study Program and student internship opportunities and help you understand more about how to make the experience a successful one for both you and the student.