- This event has passed.
SBDC Employee Documentation & Discipline
October 6, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Correcting and changing employee behavior is not easy; it takes professional courage and knowledge of good processes that are legally defensible. This session focuses on the progressive disciplinary documentation process – when someone should be written up for bad behavior, what step to take, and what should be discussed at each step. Documentation of the disciplinary action is a crucial step to ensure that the employee understands what they did wrong and consequences. By attending this session, you can work to build up your confidence with how to productively proceed during this difficult process.
In this session, we will discuss:
- How to establish clear employee standards and processes so that your team knows what expectations are in place
- Potential disciplinary paths, including: severance, demotion, transfer, or termination of employment
- The importance of clearly and appropriately documenting employee misconduct and establishing consistency in internal processes
- How to document in a remote setting
- The processes required to have a successful discipline program
- What to do when employee coaching is not appropriate or not enough