- This event has passed.
SBDC Positive Power Plays: Skills for Conflict & Negotiation
February 16 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
“The instructor kept our attention for the whole session, so all the content was impactful. I liked the exercise with real-life examples and break out groups.” Director of Medical Device, Innovenn Inc (2021 participant)
“Loved [this online session]! With the breakout rooms, it was just as effective [as in person] and gave space to participants.[I learned] effective ways to handle conflict, different then how I currently have been.” Robyn Burgess, Clinic Manager, Isthmus Eye Care (2021 participant)
“A good refresher on coaching with a new twist on the psychology of interactions. I came away so energized that I ordered some of the books on her recommended reading list.” ~Spring 2021 participant
All leaders deal with conflict in one form or another. In this class you will learn how to turn conflict into collaborations and reach win-win resolutions. You will see conflict to clarify roles, relationships, and heighten creativity. Learning how to reach beyond the impasse and find solutions that work is one of the best tools that leaders can use.
What you will learn:
- The 5 conflict styles.
- Strategies for building trust.
- The 4 stages of conflict resolution and how to use them for any situation.
- The best listening strategies to use for the best resolution.
- Emotion management and anger resolution techniques.
- How creativity plays into resolving conflict.
- Steps to planning a negotiation conversation