Onboarding for Employee Retention
June 1 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Lately, everyone is talking about “The Great Resignation” and its impact on employee staffing across nearly every industry. So what is an employer to do? While recruitment and hiring are key elements of the process, successfully retaining new employees requires more than just an offer letter.
In this session, we will explore how to successfully onboard new employees – in person or virtually – in order to make their transition smooth and to help them reach their fullest potential. Onboarding is the process of integrating a new employee into your business and giving them the tools, information, and introductions they will need to succeed in their new job. You will learn the onboarding process and research that supports how a good onboarding program can boost employee retention and help avoid repeated recruitment costs. You will leave the class with tips for onboarding remotely or in-person, and resources that you can fast adapt to help your employee succeed.
Who should attend?
- Hiring managers
- Human Resources
- Small business owners starting to hire employees
- Buddies or mentors involved in onboarding new employees
Benefits of attending this program:
- Ensure new employees are immediately engaged in their work.
- Make new hires feel comfortable while entering their new place of employment.
- Improve the overall integration for everyone on the team.
- Help with current employee retention.
Flow of the Course:
- Consider what is different about onboarding a remote employee versus an office employee
- Begin before you hire
- Before the employee starts (Preboarding)
- First days (Orientation)
- When the employee starts (Onboarding)
- After the employee starts