Introduction to Financial Management (formerly Financial Management – Sprint)
November 27 @ 4:00 pm - 5:45 pm
Whether you are starting a new business or looking to organize your current business’ finances, accurate financial information is one of the most valuable tools you have to drive success. This course seeks to set participants on the right path by providing a “101” overview of financial bookkeeping, accounting terminology and concepts, a breakdown of the key financial statements, and a brief introduction to financial management.
This class is designed for participants who:
- Do not have an accounting background.
- Would benefit from breaking down the components of each of the “Big 3” financial statements – the Profit & Loss (Income) Statement, the Balance Sheet, and the Statement of Cash Flow
- Are unsure how to organize financial information to ensure accurate records
- Have already built a business plan (formal or informal), and can answer basic information about their revenue streams, pricing, costs, etc. Haven’t nailed down these details yet? Consider taking Biz Smart Sprint or the Entrepreneurial Training Program
- May be uncomfortable with “the numbers side” of the business and are looking to increase familiarity
- Are looking for an introduction to key financial tools and concepts, or those who are looking to revisit these topics
- Have recently taken on financial support roles in their business, or who need a general understanding of accounting to be successful in their roles
- Work with a professional accountant, but want to maximize that investment by knowing the basics and being able to focus on strategy