I’m Doing Everything! How Value Planning Reduces Panic and Builds Value
March 13 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
While tax planning is a regular part of every entrepreneur’s work cycle, value planning may have a bigger long-term impact. Given that your business is likely your largest asset, wouldn’t you want to maximize its value?
For a business owner, retirement often translates into selling your business. Even if you never plan on selling, building your business as though you will sell someday will ensure more efficient operations, clearer business trends, a cleaner financial picture, and better standard operating procedures – all key qualities for both effective ongoing operations and value drivers for the future.
This course helps you understand that qualitative and quantitative factors that drive value in your business and put you on the right track – whether you’re planning to stay in business for many years or looking to sell in the next few.
Whether you are looking to improve your operations, purchase another business, or sell your own, there is no crystal ball to help you determine perfect timing. However, there are ways to monitor the financial performance of your company – or the company you are looking to purchase – that can help guide your decisions.
In this session, you will:
- Understand the actions you can take – quantitative and qualitative – that can increase the potential value of your business for a buyer
- Explore the idea of a “buyer” – who are they? What are they looking for?
- Learn tips for building your business to sell
- Understand how to build credibility and clear financial statements
- Understand risk factors that impact value
- Understand qualities of the ideal time to sell
- Learn the basics of what to expect when selling your business – or what to look for if you are hoping to buy a business
Using this session as a launch point for longer-term planning can also help you set goals for what you need to achieve before you go into the market.