Communication & Delegation Skills
April 12 @ 8:30 am
Whether you are communicating with your employees, customers, or suppliers your ability to express yourself well and understand others is a major factor of your success. For this course, you will have the opportunity to take the DiSC Personal Profile and use the results to better understand your own communication style and strengthen your business relationships by learning how to better communicate with people who have a different style. You will leave the session with a personal plan for improving your communication skills.
The second half of the class will focus on developing delegation as a valuable skill that will allow you to enable your employees to willingly take more responsibility for performance and use their expanded authority well.
What you will learn:
- The most common causes of communication breakdown and the actions you can take to reduce them.
- What your DiSC behavioral profile is, how to interpret it and how to use it to communicate better with others.
- How to understand the different DiSC styles, their interactions at work and how you can use that to manage others.
- The what, why and benefits of delegation.
- The conditions necessary for successful delegation.
- The 5 steps of effective delegation.